MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of the Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer is to enhance and improve the top-line business understanding and decision-making processes by collecting, analyzing, and reporting of data to the various business departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You must have the ability to create both standardized and custom reports, analyze the data within and report to the business department on the findings.
- Assist in the development of standardized tools, methodologies, and various business processes for the purpose of refining operational efficiency and identifying areas for improvement across business KPIs.
- Possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements, design, implementation, testing and deployment)
- Projects will range from small, distinct pieces of work to long term program engagements
- You will be expected to deliver quality work on your assigned projects
- Work with business stakeholders to determine their business information needs and determine the right approach for collecting & presenting data as well as which analytical tool is required.
- Assist with data collection and processing procedures considering the business requirements and data relationships.
- Collect, sort, filter, analyze data and interpret the results to look for patterns and determine if the findings answer the business questions and are accurate.
- Create written reports and/or data visualisations that business stakeholders can use to monitor metrics and make decisions.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement of all performance reporting in order to better manage the business.
- Provide direction regarding patterns, trends, and market analysis to drive business decisions.
- Writing relational and multidimensional database queries
- Building, implementing, and supporting the BI solutions
- Assist in problem resolution to the team through problem research
- Your goal will be to build efficient solutions that solve business challenges in a fast-paced environment
- You will be working with business to understand requirements and deliver solutions
- You will be required to research new technologies from time to time, specifically where they relate to the strategic direction of the business, or a current project
- Translate business needs to technical specifications and deliver on the output
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting solutions
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- You will also be required to perform administrative and other ad-hoc functions as and when required by the team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Matric / Grade 12
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred) or Gen Man 5 (Qualification)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Business Intelligence Analyst or similar position preferred
- Accounting/Finance experience preferred
- Familiarity with reporting in sales, marketing and other operational departments
- Experience in working with the following tools:
- Microsoft BI Tools (SQL/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS/PowerBI)
- R / Python
- Expert capability in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of business processes and functional areas
- Possess experience in all stages of BI project work (requirements, design, implementation, testing and deployment
- Experience in estimating solution development and delivering solutions against those estimates
BEHAVIOURAL AND COMPETENCY REQUIRED
- Strong written and oral communication
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Enjoys working independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous data requests
- Problem solving and follow through
- Pragmatic and thorough
- Self-starter who takes ownership
- Outcomes orientated
- Adaptability and flexibility in deliverables
- Able to work under pressure
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
Salary: R40 000- R57 000 (Total cost to company)
NB: Thank you for choosing Talksure as your employer of choice. Please note that if you do not hear from us within 14 working days after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful. We wish you well in your future endeavors.