PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The GBS Group provides sales distribution for tens of thousands of policy sales each month. Our product range aimed at the South African market spans:
We are looking for a Product Manager to provide enhancement and oversight of our existing product lines.
In this role, you will be responsible for enhancing existing products and introducing new products in our portfolio to maintain a continuously viable and profitable product suite for the Group.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess a variety of hard and soft skills. These are the requirements for the role.
1. You are highly organised with a strong sense of self-discipline
2. You have solid communication and interpersonal skills. Both written and verbal communication skills are required to enable efficient and professional communication with clients and teams. You will be able to collaborate effectively with different departments within the business, including marketing, sales, compliance, and customer service
3. You have experience working with annuity-based products
4. Your business skills are advanced. A good commercial acumen is required to make informed decisions about the enhancement of existing and new products.
5. You are highly numerate and enjoy working with data
6. You are analytical and have good research skills. You must be able to research market trends and analyse data related to the development of a product. You will use this data to make informed decisions about the direction of the product’s development.
7. You have great problem-solving skills. You are able to identify problems relating to the development of a product and come up with creative solutions to solve them.
8. You have excellent time management skills. You will need to be able to manage your time effectively to ensure that deadlines are met.
9. You have a customer-focused mindset. You will need to understand customer needs and preferences and use this information to guide the development of the product.
10. You have high levels of adaptability: You should be able to adapt quickly to changes in the market or changes in the direction of the product’s development.
In addition to the above, it would be an added advantage if you have experience working with App based services and have a system integration orientation. Your leadership abilities and developed negotiation skills will be a further plus.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
BEHAVIOUR AND COMPETENCIES WE WILL LOOK FOR IN THIS ROLE
Office hours - Mon-Friday-08h00-17h00.
Package is market related and negotiable for the right candidate. Benefits include medical aid, retirement fund, group life and disability cover, funeral cover.
NB: Thank you for choosing Talksure as your employer of choice. Please note that if you do not hear from us within 14 working days after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful. We wish you well in your future endeavors.