Purpose of the job
- ACQUISITION – Deliver an ongoing stream of new customers into the business with a gradually increasing sales conversion rate and a decreasing Cost Per Gross Sale in collaboration with agencies and other vendor partners
- RETENTION – Increase the Customer Lifetime Value through an increased lead quality, improved sales transparency, and by providing an ongoing stream of positive affirmation to the customer via Email, SMS, the social media, and the Website.
- DIGITAL OVERSIGHT – Ensure that all externally facing digital platforms across the group and its products are optimised and have a clearly defined long-term roadmap that is approved by the business.
- MARKETING INNOVATION – Continually seek to improve existing digital communication channels while looking to bring on new acquisition and retention channels to provide improved profitability to the business.
- MARKETING MATERIAL & TEAM MANAGEMENT - Produce marketing material, manage the marketing team, and develop marketing plans and drive marketing strategy to ensure organizational objectives are achieved.
Lead Acquisition, Budget Planning and Accountability
- Deliver an ongoing stream of new customers into the business with a gradually increasing sales conversion rate and a decreasing Cost Per Gross Sale.
- In collaboration with senior stakeholders, prepare and manage the end-to-end Acquisition, Retention & Marketing for Talksure and its products. Report on and justify changes that are needed mid-year and present upcoming year’s budget with motivation behind all changes.
- Lead Supplier Oversight, brief, monitor and collaborate with key suppliers to ensure that every possible measure is taken to capitalise on opportunities in the marketplace at a fair and reasonable cost to the company.
- Review and authorize payments in line with approved budget and policy and submit for final processing.
Setting and Implementing Digital Strategy
Develop a clearly defined and compelling Acquisition, Retention & Marketing strategy for the company’s future and ensure that all initiatives are fully integrated into the strategic-planning process for leadership commitment, resource allocation and execution.
Driving Digital Innovation
- Work with teams across the business to generate innovative digital solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models. Own and centrally monitor the digital innovation project portfolio, while deployment of the individual projects may rest with other executives and teams.
- Develop Marketing campaigns to grow and maintain viewership ratings.
- Drive, plan and execute marketing initiatives for new projects.
- Identify new marketing opportunities for the brand and ways to partner or exploit opportunities identified.
- Identify marketing trends and technologies to keep the company in the forefront of developments and ahead of competition.
Marketing Production & Creativity
- Custodian and owner for all Product and Talksure brand collateral.
- Supports and oversees the marketing team on all tasks and execution.
- Distribution of incoming request and oversight of team deliverables.
- Provide input to team member responsible for Social Media content production, publishing, and report for Product and websites.
- Drives marketing tool and best practice research within the marketing department.
- Provide specialised support to internal and external stakeholders to ensure achievement of functional and organisational objectives.
Strategy, Policy, and Procedures
- Define the processes and procedures to enhance work and effective functioning of the operations team.
- Develop and continuously improve organisational standards, policies, and procedures within span of control and monitor implementation to ensure full compliance.
- Set departmental targets and define the operational plan to support the achievement of the targets.
- Monitor the implementation of remedial actions where necessary.
- Manage the activities of the team to ensure effective delivery of business outcomes.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Capital.
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance management process and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Capital when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance improvement programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
- Talent development & succession planning for the team.
- Establish and monitor healthy, diverse internal and external relations and implement remedial actions where required, in the achievement of organisational goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a digital marketing management position or similar role.
- Experience in Financial Services and/or Lead Generation orientated business.
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics.
- Up to date on the latest trends and technologies in digital marketing.
- Good understanding of business drivers and P&L.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, AdWords, SMS Marketing, Integration Online Tools, Digital Reporting.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and service management
- Superb creative and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership and Influencing: of a team and superiors
- Problem-solving and ambitions
- Social Media Publishing and Promotion
- Project, Agency and Brand Management
- Budgeting, POs, and Invoicing knowledge
- Senior Staff Communication and Management
- Business and Product Marketing Strategy
- External and Internal COMM's Strategy
- Relationship Building
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
- Critical Appraisal
- Holistic Thinker
- Coaching skills
Salary- Market related
NB: Thank you for choosing Talksure as your employer of choice. Please note that if you do not hear from us within 14 working days after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful. We wish you well in your future endeavors.