MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Learning and Development Manager is responsible for organising and managing training programmes within an organisation and must ensure that staff gain and develop the skills required to carry out their jobs effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the daily management and overall team performance of the team which includes but is not limited to;
- Resource planning in line with business priorities.
- Maintain high levels of team moral by engaging with the team in regular meetings, 1-1 sessions, coach, and mentor the team in areas specific to their job requirements.
- Dealing with performance and disciplinary concerns in line with business policies.
The Ops training manager you will have final sign off on material used with in the contact centre environment which includes but not limited to;
- Partner with third party to customize training content when onboarding new projects.
- Ongoing refresh of induction and skills modules keeping updated with industry best practices and new information.
- Create content to address identified knowledge and skills gaps.
Induction Training / coaching / General Training Interventions
- Ensure that the learner experience is maintained at a high standard and that the overall objectives of the training as been achieved.
- All new hire groups will have to be vetted and signed off by before progression to the live environment, this would include sample moderation and call reviewing.
- Perform regular gap analysis, addressing finding and recommending necessary training solutions.
- Embed online skills-based learning into the operation sales environment, which includes ensuring relevant content is loaded and the effectiveness is measured.
- The Ops Training Manager must be well versed with excel and able to compile, analyse and present recommendations. This takes the form of weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
Conducting of regular training academies
- The Ops training manager will work closely with the Talent Management team to define the pre-employment assessments. Together with the training team, the successful candidate will be required to run the workshops and provide candidate feedback.
- The Ops training manager must partner with the Sales management team and align training to deliver fit for purpose training programs. The sales bridge is the transitional environment from classroom to live, the OTM will take equal responsible for the learners’ performance by daily monitoring, evaluating, and proving recommendations in line with company policy.
- In the general course of employment, there may be other task that fall within the Ops training managers scope of work, such as creating bespoke learning programs or supporting new projects. This could be either operational related or dictated by regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Grade 12
- HR or relevant diploma/ degree
- Related training qualification, ODETQ (preferable)
- 3+ years in a similar role, ideally within a call centre environment - including design, development, preparation & implementation of training.
- Computer literate (MS office, Word, Excel, power point and outlook).
- Professional Training related Certifications / additional qualifications in the area of training
- Understand the operational and sales environment.
- Understanding of outcomes-based training and education.
- Sound understanding of the Assessment principles.
- Ability to translate request into a workable project and Project management.
BEHAVIOURAL AND COMPETENCY REQUIRED
- Approachable and ability to work in a team
- Consistent and Process driven
- Impactful and influential
- Developmental and Motivational
- Honest and open
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Negotiating skills
- Logical and Analytical
- Conflict handling
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Salary: Market related (Inclusive of company benefits)
NB: Thank you for choosing Talksure as your employer of choice. Please note that if you do not hear from us within 14 working days after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful. We wish you well in your future endeavors.